Top 5 New Books to Fall Into
As the leaves change colors and the air gets crisper, it’s time to relax and read a good book. There are many new books that have come out recently. It’s so hard to choose which one is the best. If you are having trouble finding a book to read this fall, take a look.
1. Slay– A teenage girl named Kiera Johnson is an honors student, a math tutor, and a game lover. She loves video games so much that she created her own game. Her new Black-panther inspired game, however, is being threatened by a real-life troll who wants to ruin it.
2. There Will Come a Darkness– For generations, the Seven Prophets lead humanity in peace. They used their ability to see into the future and make prophecies. The Prophets united kingdoms and ended wars- until one day, hundreds of years ago, they disappeared. The only thing left was a prophecy foretelling an Age of Darkness and the birth of a new Prophet who could be the world’s salvation . . . or the cause of its destruction.
3. Unpregnant– Seventeen-year-old Veronica Clarke never thought she would ever want to fail a test. But when she saw the plus mark on the plastic stick, she realized she passed a test she didn’t want to pass. She is pregnant and wants an abortion. Even though this book has some controversy, it has become a New York Times bestseller.
4. Frankly, in Love- High School Senior Frank Li is a Limbo, his term for being Korean, and he has parents who have one rule, “Date Korean.” However, Frank is madly in love and finally dating, Brit Means, nerdy, funny,…… and white.
5. Lovely War– It’s 1917 during World War 1. Hazel and James first catch sight of each other at a London party. She’s a shy and talented pianist; James is a newly minted soldier with dreams of becoming an architect. They fall deeply in love, but it’s cut short when James is sent to the trenches in the battlefields.