The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

Bowling Team Strikes The Competition

It is that time of year, the end of many winter sports. One sport is bowling which is not the most known sport throughout the world. 

At the end of the bowling season, the boys’ team has the record of 6-4, and the girls’ team is at 0-8.  The number of girls on the bowling team has increased from four to ten. The boy’s team has around 20 guys, including seven seniors. The seniors were able to help some of the younger bowlers and provide leadership.

“I don’t feel like I’m a leader, but I feel I was able to provide support for the rest of the team, encouraging people during the meets and if someone had a question, I would try to help them to the best of my knowledge,” said senior Drake Beard.

Braden Rowe, junior, is on the JV team for the boys and has been on the team since he was a sophomore. 

“My favorite thing about bowling is the connections I make with the people, with me meeting many new people through the sport,” said Rowe. 

This is the first year where the girl’s team has enough members to make their own and separate girls’ team. They finally have enough members to make their own team which is huge for the sport since it is not as popular as football or volleyball.  However, both the boys’ and the girls’ team would welcome new bowlers to their team.

“The bowling team is a fun experience that requires minimal time and isn’t a big commitment because we only practice once a week,” said Rowe. “It was a fun season, and we are going to miss our seniors on our team.”  

The Girls Bowling Team of 2019-2020
The Boys Bowling Team of 2019-2020