The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

Senior Youtube Channel

While traveling together in Spain this summer, seniors Paloma Mate-Kodjo and Ariana Guerena came up with an idea to create a senior youtube channel to capture senior moments during the 2016-2017 school year.
    “The purpose is to be able to look back on the memories of our senior year and to never forget the people we all went to school together with our whole lives. Our videos are all about capturing moments with as many seniors as possible throughout the school year. Also to never forget the great memories we made with each other,” said Mate-Kodjo.
    Anyone who wants to watch the videos can go to youtube and type in “Pella High seniors.” The creator should be listed as “Pella Seniors.” The first video is of the Glow Dutch football game against Carlisle on September 16. So far, the videos are of football games and homecoming days. The girls plan to continue making youtube videos their whole senior year and encourage all classmates to participate in the videos. They also feel like content is a key part of making a good video.
    “My favorite part about making the YouTube videos is being able to get creative when we edit them and going around recording people in my class having a great time. For anyone that wants to start making YouTube videos, just go for it and have fun,” said Mate-Kodjo.
    Guerena believes it has also brought the senior class closer together.
    “I’ve learned that I truly love my class and everyone in it,” said Guerena.
    According to the girls, while this has been a fun experience, it has also taught them a lot.
    “I have learned to take this year day by day because I know that graduation day is going to come fast, and I really want to cherish this last year with the great Class of 2017,” said Mate-Kodjo.

Aleonia Pronina, [email protected]