The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

Looking to Next Year: Prom Strategies from the Man Himself, Dingus/Donce

The word PROM printed on clothespin clipped cards in front of defocused glowing lights.

If you missed out finding a prom date, there’s always next year. Here are some tips that will eventually help you get a prom date.

How to get the girls/guys!

Find the perfect girl that would make a perfect prom date for you. She could be at the mall, football/volleyball/basketball game, or at the XC/Track/Tennis meet, or even at school! Once you found them, try talking to them and get to know them a bit. No substantial talk unless you’re trying to actually date them. Try to keep a good conversation with them and spice it up a little. Don’t overload it, or you’ll overflow it.

Promposal

Of course, guys and girls could walk straight up to them and do the old fashion “Will you go to prom with me?” But who does that anymore? Here are some tips.

1. Make a fancy JUICY poster with a good pickup line.
  2. Maybe buy flowers to please them.
  3. Then approach them when they would least expect it with your promposal.
  4. Get a selfie with them, because who doesn’t love that.

At prom, enjoy the time with your date. Let it be the best memory you’ll never forget. Always be a good listener to them. Try to make them laugh and smile. Give yourself confidence! You got this man! Let your magma surge and get that person! Believe in yourself and let your passion burn!

At the end, why not give them a ride home to show that you’re generous and kind to them. Once you stop at their house, maybe talk about how much of a great time you had with them. Don’t feel weird about it, but feel proud of the accomplishment and the time you just had the whole night. Now I had that same situation with this but a teacher of mine rejected my promposal. Yet, it’s okay I handled it pretty well.