The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

Cunningham and Klein Selected For 2024 Tulip Court

Seniors Olivia Cunningham and Alexa Klein will represent Pella High on the 2024 Tulip Court during Pella’s annual Tulip Time festivities. After a long process of narrowing down sixteen girls to the eventual five who would make up the Tulip Court, Cunningham and Klein were selected to be attendants on the Court, along with Claire Braafhart, Ellison Ritzert, and the 2024 Tulip Queen, Mia Andringa. The nomination process started in September, and the court was selected on November 11th. 

At the selection on the 11th, each nominee did a presentation, showing different aspects that are a large part of their lives. Klein chose to do her presentation on how much her name means to her.

“My presentation was about the special meaning of my name from my parents and how Amazon Alexa has added some interest and humor to my name,” Klein explained. “I ended my presentation by playing my guitar and singing the song “What A Beautiful Name” which talks about the most beautiful name of all.. the name of Jesus.

Faith was also a part of Cunningham’s presentation, which she centered around dance.

“I talked about the different styles of dance that people enjoy and tied them into three of my dance shoes,” said Cunningham. “I used these connections to explain the different parts of my life that I value, such as my faith, family, and friends.”

With the selection process in the past, Cunningham and Klein are excited to perform the duties of the Tulip Court. This includes thirty appearances they will make to promote Tulip Time across the community and state.

“I am most looking forward to performing our program at the local elementary schools next spring!” exclaimed Cunningham. “I remember being a little girl who adored the court and thought of them as the Disney Princesses of Pella.”

Klein represented Pella High during this year’s homecoming as Homecoming Queen and is ready to take on another opportunity to represent Pella.

“I’m excited to go to the Capitol because we get to meet the Governor, and I’m excited to go to the Orange City Tulip Time and experience what their’s is like because it’s different than ours,”  said Klein. 

Cunningham is also passionate about the opportunity of representing the Court not only to the rest of the state, but also within the community.

“When I received a nomination, I saw it as an opportunity to give back to our community, represent our town, and experience a lot of fun opportunities,” said Cunningham. “With support from those around me, I decided that trying out for Tulip Court was something that I wanted to do.”

Klein is also excited to make memories with all of the other girls on the court.

“I’ve been in youth groups with them; I’ve danced with them. Mia and Claire and I were Dutchesses together, so I am already so close to them,” exclaimed Klein. “We are all very outgoing and friendly, and we are going to have so much fun together. I consider it a huge privilege to be an ambassador for this wonderful community of Pella that I am blessed and grateful to call home.”