The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

AcaPella Spotlight: Eli Ebeling

AcaPella Spotlight: Eli Ebeling

Imagine you are in the middle of a stage surrounded by a massive audience and judges critiquing you. All your fellow performers nervously waiting to go onto the stage. You stand alone waiting to start the choir show. This is exactly what Eli Ebeling will experience this season.

Ebeling has a special role in this year’s show. He is the main character as the show is based around him. The show is about the story of a man who lives off what he earns playing his saxophone for people. 

“Honestly, when it comes to having a major role in anything it is very exciting. I love being able to perform and show people what I can do. However, that’s probably not the most exciting thing. Playing a role just means I play my part in the show just like everyone else,” said Ebeling. “It feels like a privilege to be able to do what I do. I like to remind myself that the group is what matters most.”

Halle Robilliard is the daughter of one of the choir directors, Samantha Robilliard, and is in the show.  She said, “I love the show so much, my favorite part would be probably the second song since it has a different feel to it compared to the rest of the show since we are able to show more attitude.”

This year of show choir is different compared to previous years with this new approach. This year has a completely new feel and as Ebeling said, “It tells a beautiful story and gives the audience and the performers a chance to invest in it.” 

This aspect really sets Pella apart from other show choirs. As for the seniors, they have been able to show their leadership and help direct others. 

“My primary goal as a senior individual and as a group is to have a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction at the end of it all. I love being able to look back on all the hard work that we put into the show and see what it has become. Another goal that I have is to enjoy every moment,” said Ebeling. “As a senior I know I will look back at a lot of these moments and think I took them for granted. So for me I just try to soak in everything. I want to have fun and experience everything in show choir to the fullest.”