The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

National FFA Week

The Pella High School FFA Chapter observed National FFA Week this year on February 18 to February 22. FFA week was full of varying activities open to all FFA members. These activities help promote FFA to others, as well as sharing the impact FFA has on each of its members. One of the ways they do this is through dress-up days. The dress-up days were Camo Day, FFA t-shirt Day, Color Wars, National Blue & Corn Gold Day, and Flannel Friday.

“My favorite part about FFA week was the dress-up days,” said FFA member Kayla Beyer. “This year was the first year for dress-up days, so it was fun to see all the FFA members getting involved by simply wearing camo, or their FFA t-shirts to school. I also grew closer with other FFA members through the different activities, and made memories I will never forget.”

The other activities that the FFA Chapter held were redneck games, a truck show, a faculty appreciation breakfast, and a barn dance. On Tuesday after school, FFA members baked 50 miniature pies to deliver to local businesses and promote FFA. The truck show took place Thursday after school, and FFA members with trucks could enter their vehicles in to be judged. FFA members cooked and served breakfast on Friday morning to the Pella High faculty in the Ag Room. The Redneck Games took place on that day after school, which included hay bale stacking, hay bale hurdles, and welding darts. The Barn Dance was located in the Career Academy shop and took place Friday night. The dance involved games, line dancing, and food.

“The main goal I would say would be to celebrate FFA and all that it has accomplished, but also to get others involved and interested in it well,” said FFA member Aiden Huckstep.

This is the third year Beyer has been involved in FFA.

“I joined FFA my freshman year,” said Beyer. “I have two older brothers who were both heavily involved in FFA. Seeing them having fun and making new friends inspired me to join FFA. Being in FFA for 3 years has allowed me to make friends but also has allowed me to grow as a leader.”