The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

Frozen 2 Preview

Frozen 2 Preview

Almost 82 years ago, the first Disney princess was born. Snow White was the first of many Disney princesses to come. Snow White and the other Disney princesses put Disney on the map with amazing stories and animation. 

Image originally from the Disney Parks website/store.

However,  Disney didn’t have many Disney princesses after Mulan in 1998.  Princess and the Frog came out in 2009, 11 years after Mulan came out. Then Tangled came out in 2010. However, in 2013, the most popular and infamous Disney Princess movie, Frozen, appeared. 

When Frozen came out, it immediately became a success.  Frozen made $1,276,480,335 dollars in the worldwide box office. In just a few months, Frozen became beloved amongst 11-year-olds and younger. The movie became one of the fastest-growing franchises in the world, from toys to clothes to mouthwash. Every little girl wanted to have their own Else or Olaf merchandise. Every kid was singing or humming “Let it Go” every other second of the day driving their parents insane.

There is no doubt that Frozen has become a major influence in culture then and now. On February 13, 2019, the teaser trailer to Frozen 2 came out. People were ecstatic … and confused. Frozen viewers didn’t know what to expect when they watched it because if you look at the description for the movie, it is very vague. The literal description is, “Elsa the Snow Queen and her sister Anna embark on an adventure far away from the kingdom of Arendelle. They are joined by friends, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven.”  Disney is hoping that this suspense will result in enormous box office amounts.   They are also anticipating to sell out on Frozen 2 merchandise during Black Friday. 

It is playing this Thursday, Nov. 21 at Pella Cinemas.