The Student News Site of Pella High School

Pelladium

Pelladium

Pelladium

History Repeats Itself

OG Fortnite collumn

The first season of Fortnite was released on October 26, 2017. The season was the shortest lasting season in the history of the game, lasting only 49 days. The game quickly became very popular and at one point, even achieved millions of players in one day. The game quickly added new features to improve game play and gain popularity with features that draw people in. One of these features, released in season 2, was the Battle Pass. The Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks ($9.99 worth of in-game currency) and allows you to unlock items, such as V-bucks and skins. Skins are items that change the way your character looks. 

After this, Fortnite slowly started to lose popularity after it got infected as Ninja (A fortnite streamer) says by 9 year old sweats and tryhards. The game was attempting to update and keep things fresh, but most players just kept saying that the game was getting worse and worse. They even tried adding Star Wars lightsabers and new skins, including Dwayne Johnson, Ariana Grande, Meowscles, Ninja, and Neymar. However, this all failed in the long run. 

As Thomas Bertram Lance once said, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” And that’s what Fortnite had been doing wrong this whole time. They were trying to fix a game that everyone already knew and loved. So they needed to go back to the old version of Fortnite. On November 3, 2023, Fortnite brought back the first Fortnite season and 44.7 million players with it. Most of the players were super excited for this date, and as anticipated, it brought back strong memories from their childhoods. 

“Never give up; Never back down” -Nick Eh 30, a Fortnite streamer.